Happy July! I’ve recently finished my contract at work and am taking some time off, which feels great! As the last week of June marks my birthday, the Brit and I decided to head on a road trip around the country. It was amazing and filled with adventures. We crossed many items off of my bucket list as well!
Over four days we drove nearly 500 miles, spanning most of the eastern side of the country. We headed up to Inverness and then Black Isle through the Cairngorms Park. We drove down the Whisky Valley toward Aberdeen and then down the eastern coastal route. We celebrated my birthday in St Andrews and came home through Edinburgh and the Lothians.
Our road trip itinerary included:
- Pitlochry | To see the salmon at the Dam and Fish Ladder
- Aviemore/Cairngorms | To go up the highest mountain in the Cairngorms Park
- Inverness | To sleep and visit the lovely northern town
- Chanonry Point | To see the dolphins at Moray Firth
- Elgin | To visit the cathedral
- Banchory | To lay our head down and discover a new place in Aberdeenshire
- Stonehaven | To visit the epic Dunnottar Castle
- Arbroath | To taste the famous Arbroath smokie and visit its famous abbey
- St Andrews | To celebrate my birthday and say hi to the place where we met
- Kingsbarns | To get the experience to sleep in a castle at least once
- Falkland | To feel very Outlander-y and visit the palace
- Edinburgh | To have afternoon tea at the regal Hopetoun House
- Blackness | To visit the castle and get an unparalleled view over the Firth of Forth
The next few weeks will be filled with posts about our adventures, giving you lots of interesting places and inspiration for your next visit to Scotland!
What would you have liked to visit from this list? If you’ve been to Scotland, what did you like the most? xx