I already have a Scottish bucket list, but since I’m home in Edinburgh now – I just thought it was appropriate to share a list of things I really want to do in this amazing city (and it might also include a few things to do on the outskirts as well!)! And we shall see the evolution of it together!
My Edinburgh to-do list
Edinburgh Castle Achieved May 2013 (on Historic Scotland membership)
– Have afternoon tea at Hopetoun (£20-27)
– Michelin starred restaurant (£65)
– Musical/Ballet/Opera Edinburgh Playhouse (an average of £35 a ticket)
– Military Tattoo (£20-60)
– Craigmillar Castle (£5)
– Tantallon Castle (£5)
– Real Mary Kings Close (£11.75)
– Eating lobster in North Berwick (£15)
– Going up Scot Monument (£4)
– St Gile’s Cathedral (donation £3)
– Camera Obscura (£10.95)
– Going to a Hearts (boyfriend’s team) Game (about £18)
– Edinburgh Literary Tour (£8-10)
– Edinburgh Zoo (£14 + whatever it costs to see the pandas)
– Go to Dynamic Earth (£10)
– Going up Arthur’s Seat
– Harry Potter Tour
Calton Hill Achieved October 2014.
– Portobello Beach
– Walk to Cramond Island
– One o’clock gun
– Linlithgow Heritage Trail
– Scottish National Gallery
– Scottish National Portrait Gallery
National Museum of Scotland Achieved October 2014.
– The Writer’s Museum
– Royal Botanical Garden
– Tour the Scottish Parliament
Farmer’s Market. Achieved October 2014.
– Go to the Christmas Market
– Bike the Water of Leith
– Climb up Arthur’s Seat and wash my face in morning dew on May 1st
This list will be up under the ‘bucket lists’ button in my menu bar – along with my Scottish bucket list and my 30 before 30 list! Yay lists! Also, from now on, Wednesday will be known as my Bucket List Day – hopefully every week I will be able to achieve at least one of these (or from my Scottish bucket list) and share it with you guys!
If you’ve ever been to Edinburgh, lived in Scotland, anything, and have any suggestions for me, I would gladly take them! I’m trying to think a bit outside the box, as well as trying to see the more ‘obvious’ sights of the city!xx