I recently discovered the blog Postcards from Rachel and immediately fell in love with it. Not only was this a fellow expat to Scotland, but her posts are inspiring! There is this particular post about blog post ideas and one of them was to do a reverse bucket list. I thought it was the perfect idea for a blog post! This is currently a difficult time in my life as I am working a desk job (coughboringcough) to make some money before hopefully moving back to the UK in the fall. Because of this particular reason, I thought it would be a perfect time to look back on things I always wanted to do that I have actually already accomplished.
Not in any particular order:
1. Go on a student exchange to Berlin,Germany.
2. Participate in the world’s largest foam fight.
(photo by Charlie A.)
3. Learn to bake.
4. Celebrate the Holi festival of colours (though it was in Scotland).
5. Basically become a female version of Harry Potter (to give tours as an ambassador at university).
6. Eat a Parisian (LaDuree) pastry by the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
7. Dye my hair
8. Graduate from university.
9. Being in two places at once.
10. Move across the ocean (this is Iceland, so technically half way there in this picture).
11. Have champagne by the ocean.
12. Visit the Great Hall of Hogwarts (i.e. Christ Church College in Oxford).
13. Learn to play golf at the home of golf.
14. Run into the North Sea at dawn on 1st May (although technically in this picture I am running out – as fast as I can).
15. Write an entire dissertation. All 15,000 words of it.
16. Massive solstice bonfire on the beach.
17. Visit a 500-year old castle.
18. Leave on a whim to a foreign place. My trip to Africa.
19. Celebrate new year’s eve in the street of Valparaiso, Chile (technically this is the day, and technically this is Santiago, but you get the picture, right?).
20. Graduate from graduate school and officially became an MLitt.
What are some of the things you’re proud to have accomplished?xx