It’s early December and, it’s not even that time has flown, but that life has been a blur since October. The last time I wrote on the blog was early November, the week after the Brit and I moved into our new house, which we had just bought. Not only is moving home stressful and busy, but my job has been incredibly busy too and I’ve been taking evening classes. AND on top of that, I’m in the midst of PhD applications. I have to say I didn’t miss writing blog posts and editing photos, I just didn’t have the time and energy to dedicate to that in the last month. However, I did miss the spirit of blogging and happy to be back at it, do you know what I mean?
I’m thankfully slowly coming out of that dark place/slump. And especially looking forward to the holidays!
This is what I’ve been up to lately:
– The Brit and I moved into our new home and it was a bit of a slum. I had difficulties coming to terms with it in the first week or so, but I had to keep reminding myself that we did buy it because it had potential.
– Said potential is starting to show already! My in-laws came up to Scotland for a week to help us redo the master bedroom and we moved in last week and it’s slowly feeling like home.
– I’m taking evening classes at Code Clan in Edinburgh. It’s a front-end development course that is so interesting. Especially learning CSS, which I knew almost nothing about.
– The lovely Kathi from Watch Me See came up to Stirling and the Brit and I spent the afternoon with her. It was a fun exploration of our own backyard. She wrote a great post about her day in Stirling recently if you want to go and read it.
– Most of my free time has been spent working on PhD applications. I’m hopefully throwing a few applications around Scotland (and a rogue application down in Yorkshire) and the first deadline is next week so it’s been stressful to say the least.
– We spent St Andrew’s Day in St Andrews, getting engaged, and catching up with friends. It was a great break from our fast pace life at the moment! I kept looking at emails (PhD applications stuff) and the Brit was great at reminding me that it could all wait a day or two.
– A friend and colleague kept telling me about her home country Poland and then casually invited me along, so obviously I said yes! I booked a weekend in Wroclaw in January with her and I’m so excited!
– Booked two full weeks off for Christmas and I cannot wait!
– We bought a mini Christmas tree to get in the Christmas spirit, and it’s working!
– I bought myself the advent calendar from The Body Shop and I was so excited for 1st December! Is anyone else like me though and finds that a beauty advent calendar is a bit anti climatic? Like how many soaps can a girl get excited about? haha
What have you been up to this past November? Anything exciting planned for December?xx